Jump to navigation Jump to search
Probably a definitive history of the sailor's lot throughout history, written by a man reputed to be the last working shanty man.
See Stan Hugill
(This will be expanded in due course)
- On The Beach Deals with many aspects of the sailor ashore.
- Sailortown Preludes
- More Sailortown Preludes'
- The Way of a Ship
- Fiddler's Green: a composite Sailortown
- Other British and some Continental Sailortowns
- Sailortowns of the Eastern and Southern American Seaboards
- Sailortowns of the Western American Seaboard
- San Francisco and its Barbary Coast
- West Indian and Latin American Sailortowns
- The Islands and the 'Colonies'
- Oriental and African Sailortowns
- The Intermediate Ports and Modern 'Sailortowns'